Thursday 8 December 2011

Uprooting the tree

Well, I've found that inevitably bits of the roots get left behind when you move out of a perfectly good life (and even when it's not so good I guess), and that it hurts, quite a bit actually, particularly as you get older!  It's right up there with a long term relationship breakup.  Beautiful friends left behind, uncompleted projects, unrealised dreams, and that beautiful Horokiwi view... Also, the old adage of  'if it ain't broke, don't fix it" keeps on playing on my mind.
 


Then I remember all the reasons of why we're going.  Steve is so much happier in his work, fantastic outdoorsy family adventures, less time in the car, myriads of opportunities for the kids, better weather, a garden that's got a fighting chance against the wind, flat land ...  Oh, and Parelli Heaven.



However, this last week in Wellington has been an emotional and physical marathon.  Mental note to self, I'm NEVER going to do this again.

But I've moved on, I think.  Not in the least assisted by the belated and begrudging acceptance of the fact that I can't go back anyway, who am I kidding!  This morning I loaded the horses onto Majestic Horse Transport for their 5 day epic journey to Christchurch and with that, the Horokiwi chapter of my life is firmly closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment